Late night cooking sparks kitchen fire in Upper Gornal

A MAN was led to safety after a fire broke out in a maisonette in Upper Gornal in the early hours of this morning (Saturday December 21).

The incident happened in Pale Street at around 1.54am.

Firefighters were called out to the first floor property, located in a three-storey block, after a small fire started in a cooker in the kitchen.

A spokesman for West Midlands Fire Service said the incident was the result of cooking left unattended.

Firefighters removed the charred cooking, ventilated the property and led one man to safety, she added.

 

 

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree