Pensioner led to safety after Lower Gornal bungalow blaze

Dudley News: Crews using positive pressure ventilation to clear the heavily smoke logged property. Crews using positive pressure ventilation to clear the heavily smoke logged property.

AN elderly woman was led to safety after a fire broke out at her Lower Gornal home.

Firefighters were called at 4.09pm yesterday (Sunday) after reports of a blaze at a bungalow on Sandyfields Road.

A West Midlands Fire Service spokesman said the fire, which started in an open grate in the living room, was put out with a bucket of water before firefighters arrived but the property was severely smoke-logged.

The pensioner, who had inhaled smoke, was checked over by paramedics but did not require hospital treatment.

Crews from Brierley Hill and Bilston cleared excess smoke from the property, fitted a smoke detector and gave the woman fire safety advice before leaving the scene.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree