Lower Gornal gas explosion left window and door blown out

Lower Gornal gas explosion left window and door blown out

Lower Gornal gas explosion left window and door blown out

First published in News
Last updated

 

TWO people had a lucky escape after a camping gas cylinder exploded at a house in Lower Gornal yesterday (Saturday July 26).

The incident happened at around 8pm in The Straits, officers from West Midlands Ambulance Service, firefighters and police all attended the scene.

A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: “Crews were called to reports an explosion in a house. On arrival at the scene medics found the front window of the property lying in the garden after a gas cylinder was reported to have exploded inside of the house. A door within the property was also found to have been blown off its hinges.

“Fortunately the two occupants that had been in the house at the time of the explosion had managed to escape injury. Both men were assessed by ambulance crews at the scene but were found to be uninjured and did not require any further treatment.”

The cylinder is believed to have been in the kitchen of the property when it exploded but neither occupant was in the room at the time.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree