Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting DN NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Gas powered heater sets fire to Dudley car repair garage
9:42am Thursday 17th May 2012 in News
A GAS powered heater caused a severe blaze at a Dudley car body repair garage.
The mains powered heater was warming a spray booth at Guests Motor Body Repairs in Himley Road before it set fire shortly before 12pm yesterday (May 16).
Two West Midlands Fire Service crews from Brierley Hill and one from Dudley attended the blaze, along with a hydraulic platform from Walsall at the single storey commercial property.
100 per cent of the building was smoke logged, while the fire was contained in and above the spray booth area.
Six fire fighters, wearing breathing apparatus were able to extinguish the flames, before leaving the scene around 3.22pm.
West Midlands Police and Ambulance Service were also in attendance.
Comments are closed on this article.