Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting DN NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Pensioner led to safety after Lower Gornal bungalow blaze
Updated 11:45am Monday 7th April 2014 in Local
AN elderly woman was led to safety after a fire broke out at her Lower Gornal home.
Firefighters were called at 4.09pm yesterday (Sunday) after reports of a blaze at a bungalow on Sandyfields Road.
A West Midlands Fire Service spokesman said the fire, which started in an open grate in the living room, was put out with a bucket of water before firefighters arrived but the property was severely smoke-logged.
The pensioner, who had inhaled smoke, was checked over by paramedics but did not require hospital treatment.
Crews from Brierley Hill and Bilston cleared excess smoke from the property, fitted a smoke detector and gave the woman fire safety advice before leaving the scene.
Comments are closed on this article.