Pensnett man died after taking a lethal cocktail of alcohol and drugs

First published in Local

AN unemployed Pensnett man died after taking a lethal cocktail of alcohol and drugs.

Jon Patrick Birks was found dead in his bedroom at Heydon Road following a late night binge.

His mother, Angela Keilty, discovered his body the following afternoon.

She told an inquest in Smethwick that her son was taking painkilling and anti-depressant drugs.

He had been prescribed the drugs because he was having difficulty sleeping and had overdosed on them only the previous month which had resulted with him spending three days in Russells Hall Hospital.

She told coroner Robin Balmain, that on the day of his death, he had been drunk earlier in the evening and said: "I cooked him his dinner and told him not to eat it too late."

The following morning she went to Merry Hill and left her son to sleep in. She discovered his body on her return at 2pm on October 19.

Consultant pathologist Satnor Goosh told the inquest that death had been caused by gastric aspiration through alcohol intoxication.

A verdict of accidental death was recorded.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree