DUDLEY Kingswinford are on the lookout for a new director of rugby.

Whoever takes up the role should have no illusions of the task ahead.

Marooned at the bottom of National League Two North without a win to their name, the DK’s have been dealt some frightful hammerings this season.

Last Saturday proved no exception as DK’s crashed 72-0 at Herefordshire side Luctonians.

On the backfoot from the word go, Luctonians wrapped up the bonus point fourth try within 26 minutes.

The carnage got worse as the match progressed with Luctonians running in five tries during the final 13 minutes.

Dismayed DK’s team manager Mark Holloway claimed: “There’s not a great deal I can say. Things can only go one way from here because we can’t get any worse than this.

“I can’t fault the players, because they turn out each week and put themselves on the line. If ever they needed support, it’s now.

“I know it can’t be much fun for the supporters, paying to watch a team that gets beaten, but this is the time we need them behind us”.

Holloway added: “I have to admit, it wasn’t a good performance at Luctonians. We went through a period in the second half where we had quite a bit of possession, but we simply couldn’t turn any of it into points.”

Just when things couldn’t get any worse, the DK’s find themselves entertaining top-of-the-table Darlington Mowden Park this Saturday at Heathbrook.

The DK’s will wait on the fitness of player-coach Pete Knight and second row Nick Murphy before selecting their side with Holloway adding: “The pair make a big difference when they are there.

Honest Holloway added: “We all appreciated this was going to be a difficult season, but we didn’t expect it to be as bad as this!

The DK’s rung the changes following last week’s heavy defeat to Otley, Ryan Smitherman lining up on the wing as Liam Marshall moved to centre, while Gareth Bown was switched to fly half at the expense of Ryan Pinches.

Jon Tideswell came in at back row, replacing Sam Pedley with Jo Francis partnering Ed Parry in the second row as Matt Perks had returned to university.

However, DK’s were soon under pressure as Luctonians quickly crossed four times through tries from Nathan Roy-Smith, Paul Hulland, Drew Cheshire and Chris Conliffe.

Matters weren’t helped when Gareth Bown was given a yellow card for a deliberate knock on and by half time DK’s were already 36-0 adrift.

That total rose to 48-0 by the 76th minute, but from that point the DK’s looked down and out as Luctonians scored at will.