THE search is on to find a “heroic” man who aided trapped commuters during rush hour on the M5 following a fatal car crash.

A video has been uploaded onto Facebook of a man returning to his vehicle following a series of brave acts following the crash at about 5.40am on April 3.

Facebook member Mandr Painting posted a status which said: “I would love this post to reach the man who was an absolute hero on the M5 this morning.

“After an awful crash, hundreds of us were stuck in the same spot in standstill traffic for four hours this morning.”

Mandr Painting said that two vans had broken down which caused further delays.

The man jumped out of his vehicle, leaving it safely with someone watching, and he pushed both vans from the road over to the hard shoulder safely.

Following this the witness said an ambulance with flashing blue lights and sounding its sirens was attempting to pass through the traffic, however, it got stuck between two lorries.

The man instructed every driver in their cars and directed them on where to move to. A pathway was cleared for the ambulance.

Commenting on the Facebook post, Sarah Pink said: “The world needs more heroes like this man.”

The woman killed in the crash was Sorina Gheorghe, who was 24 and lived in Worcester, her Peugeot collided with a Land Rover on the northbound carriageway near junction 5 (Droitwich).

An off-duty paramedic and passers-by fought to save her but she died at the scene.

Dudley News:

Sorina Gheorghe with boyfriend Cristian Miculaiciuc and her mother.

Her boyfriend, Cristian Miculaiciuc, who is from Romania like Sorina, described her as "beautiful inside and out".

The 23-year-old, who lives in Worcester, said: "We are all devastated by this tragic event and we cannot believe this could ever happen to her. She was such an innocent, kind and loving human being. She would always do things for us without expecting anything in return."

Cristian and Sorina met in the UK and had been together for almost three years and two months.

The full story of the crash and traffic chaos is here

After the crash the M5 northbound was closed between Junction 5 and J4A (M42) for six hours causing 10-mile tailbacks until midday with some drivers trapped for five hours and other drivers on the A449 near junction 6 unable to move for more than three hours.

Chief Superintendent Tom Harding said: "As the public would expect in such tragic cases, a thorough investigation has been launched to establish the circumstances behind the collision and our thoughts are with the families involved at this difficult time.

"Enquiries are currently ongoing and we would encourage anyone who saw the collision or has dashcam footage of the moments leading up to it to come forward.

Anyone with information is asked to call 101 quoting incident 40S of April 3.