There appears no stopping Sedgley Sporting in their quest for a first piece of Beacon Sunday league silverware.

In their latest Concentric Sales & Lettings Western section outing last season's beaten Chell Cup finalists and top tier divisional runners-up made it five straight wins in their chase for outright glory, writes Dave McLean.

This week they came out on top 2-1 in what was billed as a top of the table clash against visiting Netherton Tigers, and so opened up a four point gap at the head of the pack.

Vital first half goals from Gregg Poole (penalty) and Joe Reynolds, with a well struck half volley, put Sedgley Sporting in charge, although Curtis Fellows kept things close for Netherton.

While Netherton slipped to third spot and five points adrift of leaders Sedgley Sporting as a result, new boys Blades FC moved within four points of the pacesetters in second place after emerging 4-0 home victory over Coseley FC.

Having opened the campaign with a defeat, Blades have now gone on an unbeaten run of five games with Alex Cameron (two), Ben Morris and an own goal giving them the spoils in this latest fixture.

Visiting Wrens Nest Rangers were denied a top two spot after FC Premier 2014 produced a storming comeback from 4-1 down to share eight goals and the points.

Outstanding for FC Premier was keeper Sam Agius but he could not prevent Wrens Nest snapping up a fourth goal early in the second period. However, goals from Dan Meredith (two) and Ugo Iroegbunam and a last minute Harry Harper goal earned Premier a point.

Only the efforts of Agius had denied Wrens Nest a maximum points return, as Ty Markland, Tom Gwinnell, Jacob Alexander and Jay Kelly had inflicted the early damage on the home side.

There was a second league triumph for Dudley Rangers United who ran out narrow 3-2 victors at 3-2 winners at Sporting Black Country who are still searching for their first league points.

However, SBC went close on this occasion as Dominic Weathers and Joshua East found the target, while Olly Hartland, Scott Fisher and an own goal thwarted the hopes for a sixth straight game.

Fixtures involving Sedgley Rangers and Woodside Inn, along with CTS United and AFC Sporting Gornal were postponed.