Stourbridge 1, Mickleover Sports 1

STOURBRIDGE were pegged back in extra time as they drew with Mickleover Sports at the War Memorial Ground.

Tom Tonks' rare moment of quality during a scrappy affair looked to have been enough for the Glassboys to make it three wins on the bounce.

However, Jimmy Phillips pounced to pinch a point for the visitors with a 95th minute leveller.

Chances were at a premium in the opening 15 minutes as both sides got to grips with the heavy conditions at Amblecote.

Stour, unchanged from their New Year's Day win over Rushall, struggles to get into a rhythm as Sports cut down the space early on.

The hosts switched shape on a couple of occasions, first packing midfield looking for more control before returning to two up top to offer more support to Luke Benbow.

The first opening of the clash fell to Mickleover on 20 minutes but Andy Dales could only head Ben Turner's cross over Matt Gould's bar.

That chance seemed to spark the home side to life as Benbow scuffed an effort wide moments later as Stour pushed on.

The striker then forced keeper Lewis King to gather another effort on 27 minutes.

The clash remained scrappy though with balls in from wide looking the main danger for either side.

Jermaine Palmer and Dales were both off target approaching the half hour mark as Sports also went looking for the breakthrough.

With the pitch cutting up, it looked like a set-piece may be key. That nearly proved the case on 32 minutes when Tom Tonks' in-swinging free-kick from the left angle of the area found its way through the crowd and had to be tipped away by King.

However, the all-energy midfielder only had to wait two minutes until he did open the scoring for his side.

He burst into the box after a neat exchange of passes with Benbow and curled the ball into the far post.

Stour enjoyed more space approaching the break and could have doubled their advantage on the stroke of half time when Matt Dodd rattled the bar after Kaiman Anderson found him just inside the area.

The second half remained disjointed with both keepers untroubled for long spells as quality remained in short supply.

Paul McCone headed over from a Tonks long throw on 67 minutes before Dales drilled wide for Sports approaching the final 20.

Stour enjoyed more of the ball but were unable to put the game to bed despite Mickleover struggling to pose a threat.

Benbow then had an effort deflected wide and McCone again headed just wide as the Glassboys' advantage remained at one goal heading into the closing stages.

Not killing the game came back to haunt the hosts in when Phillips poked home after Gould spilt Pablo Mills' far post header on 95 minutes.

It was a big blow for Stour who had been looking to build more new year momentum.

Attention will instead have to quickly turn to the FA Trophy next weekend as the Glassboys make the trip to big-spending Billericay.

Stourbridge: Gould, Christophorou, Westlake, McCone (c), Pierpoint, Tonks, Dodd, Broadhurst, Benbow, Anderson (Shearer 71), Green (Gater 77).

Unused subs: Duggan, Cooke, Hawk.

Mickleover: King, Horne, Turner, McGrath, Mills, Burgin (c), Dales, Mulders, Morrison (Belgrave 80), Palmer (Garnett 60), Phillips.

Unused subs: Williams, Morris.

Att: 529.