Stourbridge 3, Harriers 2.

STOUBRIDGE staged a thrilling comeback to send Kidderminster Harriers crashing out of the FA Cup.

A second half double from Kaiman Anderson and a penalty from Aaron Forde saw the Glassboys upset their near neighbours from National League North.

Harriers had deservedly found themselves two goals to the good after Ed Williams and Joe Ironside netted in each half before the home side stormed back.

It was Stour that worked the first effort of the afternoon as Robert Thompson-Brown fired wide from range after he’d collected a loose ball from Lee Vaughan after just 40 seconds.

The frantic opening continued as Harriers were soon on the attack with the lively Ash Chambers. He was denied by home stopper James Wren on two minutes before being crowded out moments later after again running in behind once again.

Harriers were passing the ball around neatly early on but Stour were still finding ways to fire efforts from distance, notably from Thompson-Brown and Kaiman Anderson.

However, Harriers quickly found the quality needed to break the deadlock with 13 minutes on the clock.

Brilliant link-up play freed Vaughan down the right flank and he crossed to the far post where Chambers cushioned the ball back to Ed William to provide the finish.

It nearly got worse for Stour four minutes later but Dan Bradley fired wide of Wren’s far past after another lightning break from Harriers.

The Glassboys continued to work hard as the tempo finally eased but it was Kidderminster’s crisp build-up and the threat of Bradley and Williams to find pockets of space that was the difference in the opening half an hour.

Stour still plugged away well and had a penalty shout waved away on 35 minutes after Anderson was outmuscled by Digie. There was a tangle of legs in there but the ref was quick to turn down the shouts from the home faithful.

Harriers really should have made it two in the final moments of the half after sub Ironside caught Wren on the ball but the saw his rushed effort creep agonisingly wide of the unguarded net.

The second half started much scrappier compared to the first and Stour soon had another penalty shout turned down after Anderson went down too easily just inside the area.

But it was Harriers who got the next from the penalty spot to put themselves well in control at Amblecote after 53 minutes. Aaron Hayden go wrong side of Ash Cambers after Ironside’s ball in and Hayden could only haul his man to the ground.

Ironside stepped up to convert and the only surprise was that Hayden didn’t also get his marching orders.

The Glassboys needed a lifeline if they were to avoid a cup exit and they got it on the hour mark when sub Luke Benbow crossed for Anderson to fire beyond Brandon Hall from close range.

Suddenly the game was even and Stour were smelling a comeback.

It took Hall to keep out Benbow on 68 minutes after his pressure caused Digie to let him in behind. The striker had given the home side a target up top and was soon starting to even drop deep to dictate matters.

For all Harriers’ neat first half football, they were quickly creaking under the hosts’ pressure.

The Glassboys did find an equaliser on 70 minutes as Anderson followed up to send the War Memorial Ground wild after Hall had spilt Aaron Forde’s dipping effort from 20 yards.

Just seven minutes later Stourbridge were ahead as Ryan Johnson handled in the box.

Forde stepped up to roll it beyond Hall and hand the home side the lead for the first time as the breathless class entered the final 15 minutes.

Broadhurst headed narrowly wide and sub Kane Richards blazed over the bar as both side swapped chances late on.

In the end, Stour negotiated the closing stages to book their place in Monday’s draw and make the Memorial Ground another unhappy hunting ground for their higher-ranked rivals.

Stourbridge: Wren, Hayden, Brown, McCone (c), Westlake, Forde, Powell (Benbow 55), Broadhurst, Anderson, Thompson-Brown, Birch (Christophorou 55).

Unused subs: Mills, Pierpoint, Steele, Evans, Maher.

Kidderminster: Hall, Vaughan, Austin, O’Connor (c), Digie (Richards 78), Johnson, Weeks, Daniels, Bradley (Ironside 41), Chambers, Williams.

Unused subs: Baxendale, White, Taylor, Palmer, Brookes.

Att: 1,527.