DESPITE a long injury list Stourbridge turned on the style to put visitors Otley to the sword.

After a miserable trip to Sedgley Park last weekend, director of rugby Neil Mitchell demanded a reaction from his players and that is what he got.

From the first whistle Stourbridge looked sharp, Mark Harrison and new full-back Noah Heward were too much for the visitors and after a strong start the hosts bagged their first points with a penalty on six minutes.

Ten minutes later Harrison secured the first try as slick passing and a dominant scrum left Otley with no answers.

The northerners could find no way through despite a period of pressure which left them with just one penalty score.

On 33 minutes Harrison put George Morgan in for a Stour try and Chris Scott converted.

Three minutes later Heward added another five points with an impressive kick and chase.

The bonus point was in the bag with a Dan Rundle try on 40 minutes to make the score at half time 25-3.

Joe Heatley stole the ball after more fruitless Otley pressure on 51 minutes to run from his own 22 metres to score with only the referee for company, Scott added the extras.

Heatley got another nine minutes later from a quick throw-in and Sam Wilson slotted the conversion.

From the restart Luke Veebel strolled past the battered Otley defence for a try converted by Heatley.

Otley finally crossed the whitewash with a try for Adam Malthouse and Joe Rowntree added to his previous penalty with a conversion.

Stour seemed to be switching off when Josh Hall added another try for the visitors which was again converted by Rowntree.

The scare was shortlived as Dan Rundle completed a hat-trick in the final minutes with two tries, both converted by Rod Petty to complete the demolition job.

The final score of 60-17 was a fitting way for Stourbridge stalwart Nigel Mukarati to celebrate his 200th appearance for the club.

His contribution was recognised by Mitchell, who says Mukarati is one of the greatest players to have worn the Stourbridge first XV shirt.