WING wizard Dan Rundle rewrote the record books by scoring a hat-trick of tries as Stour turned on the style to secure a vital victory that keeps them within striking distance of the National League Two North leaders.

The runaway Rundle has now scored in all nine of Stour's league games to date, beating the previous record which he set himself when he first arrived at Stourton Park three years ago.

Stour had generously delayed the kick off by half an hour to give North Yorkshire based Wharfedale enough time to take in the World Cup Final.

But there was no more generosity on offer as Stour hit the deck running by scoring two quick tries through Rundle and opposite winger Reece Beddows, both of which were converted by full-back Noah Heward.

Wharfedale finally moved into gear with a 16th minute try from No.8 Rob Baldwin following a spell of sustained pressure on the Stour line for fly half Jack Blakeney-Edwards to convert.

But Stour were soon back in the ascendancy when they stole Wharfedale lineout ball to send England Counties prop Mark George crashing over for a try which Heward improved upon to put the Stourton Park side 21-7 in front.

Back came Wharfedale with a try from hooker Dan Stockdale following a catch and drive from close range line-out ball, Blakeney-Edwards adding the extras.

Stour then secured the bonus point with a fourth try just before half time as outside centre Joe Heatley sprinted over following an impressive passing move for Heward to convert and send his side in leading 28-14 at the break.

Wharfedale began the second half much more brightly and soon camped themselves close to Stour's try-line.

The pressure started to tell as Stour picked up a string of yellow cards as Jack Le replacement Michael Worthington and then Hal Riley spent a spell in the sin bin.

Despite Stour being down to 13 players at one stage, Wharfedale didn't really make the advantage tell.

They did manage to cut the deficit to 28-19 as flanker Matt Speres forced his way over.

But once Stour started restoring their ranks again, they proceeded to run Wharfedale ragged.

Heatley put the seal on victory with a fifth Stour try on 69 minutes, sending his side out of sight at 33-19.

There was still time for speed merchant Rundle to show his rivals a clean pair of heels as twice he outsprinted Wharfedale's seemingly flat-footed defence with unstoppable ease to take his try tally for the term to 13.

Final score Stourbridge 43-19 Wharfedale.