Two-goal Jack Kelly grabbed the limelight as CTS United thwarted newly crowned Beacon champions Claregate Park Rangers in their quest for a winning league and Cup double.

United stole the show, running out worthy 3-1 victors to proudly lift the Martyn Chell Cup as top scorer Kelly inflicted most damage with a goal in each half, writes Dave McLean.

It was United who broke the deadlock with 15 minutes gone when Kelly headed home from close range to dispatch a measured cross into the Claregate box.

Midway through the first period, CTS increased their advantage when the tenacious Rhyce Brown saw off the challenge of an opponent and beat the advancing Tom Greenhouse in the Claregate goal.

Claregate, who had secured their fourth consecutive league crown in midweek, now began to figure strongly with Dan Lawrence seeing his long range effort tipped over by United keeper Jake Daniel.

It was just before the break when Claregate got back in the clash with a fine edge of the box drive from Kie Houlihan.

Claregate figured strongly after the interval but the hard working United rearguard held the former at bay and boosted their hopes of silverware when restoring their two goal advantage just gone the hour.

The lively Kelly latched onto a through ball from Sam Stokes and lobbed the advancing Greenhouse much to the delight of the CTS support.

Claregate kept plugging away in search of rescuing the tie late on but the United defence held firm, while Rangers sub Alex Garmson fired inches over in the dying moments.

Midweek had seen Claregate lift their fourth consecutive top tier title when a 5-0 victory over Sedgley Sporting gave them this season's Concentric Sales & Lettings Championship crown once again.

The second of two finals on Sunday saw history made on the Beacon Sunday scene as new boys Brandhall Colts soundly defeated Gornal Rangers 5-1. 

Brandhall goal machine Kyle Armstrong broke through after just 35 seconds of the Cater Cup final, the fastest ever in the league's long cup history.

Armstrong got the better of the Gornal defence to hit his rivals early and the star marksman later completed his treble, pushing his seasonal tally to 31 goals. 

Only nine minutes had gone when Jakob Burroughs made it 2-0 for the Colts with a close range header, before Gornal hit back and cut the deficit with a superb executed overhead effort from Jae Fitzpatrick with 22 minutes gone.

Gornal appeared to be back in the tie as Liam Cullen went close, but Brandhall restored their two goal advantage on 32 minutes.

It was from a corner that Liam Jones finally forced the ball home and on the stroke of half time, Armstrong added his second and Brandhall's fourth.

Armstrong secured the man of the match award on 65 minutes when he completed his treble.

Cullen did force a fine finger tip save onto the bar from Colts' last line of defence Joe Canton, but it was all too late for Gornal, who have also finished in the top four of the Paycare league, with Brandhall are runners up.