The comeback men AFC Sporting Gornal have been celebrating big time after securing their first Beacon Sunday league cup final spot.

In a 353 Photography sponsored Chell Cup semi-final encounter Sporting Gornal grabbed a dramatic extra time winner against arch rivals Brandhall Colts to clinch a place in this season's final, writes Dave McLean.

Paycare league champions Brandhall had broken the deadlock in the first half through Connor Armstrong, before Sporting got themselves back on level terms just three minutes into the second period thanks to Tyler Goodyear.

It was all play for, but there was no separating these two leading outfits in normal time and the tie went to extra time.

In what was always going to be a tightly contested clash, Scott Stevenson eventually pounced in the 110th minute to earn Sporting their big cup final date, at AFC Wulrunians ground, Castlecroft, on Wednesday, April 26 (7.45pm).

As yet Sporting's opponents have yet to be confirmed with Trysull FC and local rivals Trysull Athletic still to play in the other last four tie.

Trysull FC, however, were also enjoying cup glory this week after marching into the final of the league's flagship knockout competition, the European Mezzanine Systems sponsored Lester Charity Cup.

They travelled to face AFC Wombourne and likewise came from behind to earn their spot in the final, running out odd goal in three winners.

Ryan Walker had broken through for Wombourne in the first period, giving his side a 20th minute advantage with a well executed penalty.

It was on the hour mark when Carrick Chaney levelled matters for Trysull FC and the same player inflicted further damage with 15 minutes remaining to clinch his side's cup final place.

In the final, at AFC Wulrunians, on Sunday April 23 (5pm) Trysull FC will meet the winners of Sedgley & Gornal United West v Trysull Athletic who contest the other semi-final this weekend.

In the remaining Beacon league fixture this week, S&G West moved top of the Clinton Cup group qualifiers, despite being held to a battling 3-3 draw by visiting AFC Goldthorne.

It is four teams to qualify for the semi-final stages of this competition and S&G West head the pack by a point from Wombourne Athletic and AFC Bloxwich.

Goldthorne, who have now completed their fixtures and occupy fourth place, looked to be heading for a last match away win when leading 3-1, helped by a Jamie Archer double.

However, S&G West denied them a third group triumph as Callum O'Connell, Luke Chapman and Edward Tomkins grabbed the goal glory for the hosts.